[IP] Pump Group Meeting--San Jose, California USA

The Bay Area Pump Group monthly meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June
17 at the Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley in San Jose,
California.  The moderator for the meeting will be Sue Ann Kelly who is
a certified pump trainer, RN and CDE. We are a diverse, friendly group
and we always have fun while at the same time learning new things about
pumping. The meeting is a great place to share ideas and experiences and
the group leaders are very helpful for answering questions and exploring
problems.  Family members, significant others and friends are also
welcome to attend.  There is no cost and you do not need to be a member
of the Diabetes Society.

In addition to our open conversation about pumping and diabetes, we
usually select one or more specific topics for discussion.  Topic for
this month's meeting is "Traveling with
Diabetes and a Pump".  The summer travel season has begun and many of us
will be flying, driving, riding, cruising, hiking, etc. on trips around
the country or around the world.  There are a number of things you need
to be conscious of when packing and traveling to ensure that you stay
healthy and out of trouble.  We will be talking about these issues
during the meeting and your input about the experiences you have had
during travel will be very useful and helpful for us all.  So think
about what you have experienced during travel and what questions you
might like to ask.  We can share some thoughts and ideas that should
make traveling more fun and safer for us.

Meeting details are as follows:

  When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday, June 17
  Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
               The office is located in the Willow Glen area
               just south of downtown San Jose, in the
               renovated Garden Theater building at:

               1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
               San Jose CA 95125
               Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the

If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.

Bob Goodman