Re: [IP] Question about telling people at work

> Seriously, I am going to be teaching 8th grade Mathematics in the fall
> (Algebra, and Pre-Algebra)and am trying to figure out if I should tell my
> students I am diabetic?  How I should tell them?  When I should tell them?
> What should I tell them?

my flippant and silly side of the brain thought that maybe you could use the
pump, blood sugars and stuff for math questions.  :)   "if teacher's basal
rate from midnight to 7am is .6u/hr, from 8am to 3pm at .7u/hr, and from 3pm
to midnight at .5u/hr, and a 100u vial of insulin costs $25CAN, how many
times will teacher have to test in a 24 hr period?" *grin*  ok, maybe not
quite like that, but you could have fun with it.
looking back, if a teacher of mine had diabetes, i would have been just fine
with him or her telling us about it.  doesn't hurt for them to know the
signs of low blood sugar either.  if school isn't for learning, than what is
it for? ;)