[IP] Question about telling people at work

Jenny wrote at the end of her message,
> -- When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of
> Algebra.

My response:
Ooooh.  Can I? Can I? Can I?  ;-)

Seriously, I am going to be teaching 8th grade Mathematics in the fall
(Algebra, and Pre-Algebra)and am trying to figure out if I should tell my
students I am diabetic?  How I should tell them?  When I should tell them?
What should I tell them?

In the past I always told a few people at the workplace.  Typically the
people I sat around, or the people I traveled with.  I am not shy about
talking about my diabetes, but I don't usually advertise it either.  I am
not ashamed of being diabetic, but I do feel that people look at me
differently once they find out.  The main reason I am thinking of telling
the students is because I wear a pump.  I like to wear it on my waist band,
but that makes it look more like a beeper which is a big no-no in the public
schools.  I think if I explain it and get it out of the way that would be

Any suggestions?
-- Sherry
dxd 8/80 pump 12/99 MM508