Re: [IP] Square wave bolus

At 03:34 PM 6/16/03, insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:
>I use a MM 508, and in my OPINION, I like having the square wave bolus
>for 1. when I'm grazing at a party (hmm, baby carrots with gobs of Ranch
>dressing!), and 2. pizza pizza pizza and oh yeah Chinese food.  But others
>may be find with an increased Temp Basal, I just prefer the square wave
>bolus.  My only complain about the 508 is that there's no way to look back
>at boluses in memory and see that it was a sqaure wave over however many
>hours instead of a normal bolus.
>ciao, Brian

I use the "bite and bolus" method with my Disetronic pump while grazing at
parties.  Works very well for me, I bolus as I go along.  If I were going
to set a square wave, I wouldn't have any idea of what to set since I
wouldn't know what I was going to eat.  I can see the square wave being
very helpful when bolusing for high-fat meals that may hit later.