[IP] Atkins modified

I read and hear about dramatic  results in BS results and AIC results from
people using  Atkins type food plans..   I want to pursue this food plan with
more modified approach - not as drastic  a curtailment of carbs.  Does anyone
have any experience in doing this?  What level of carbs did you eat?  What was
your comfort level?  Were your results  what you anticipated?  To loose 10
pounds and improve my 7.0 AIC would be  very rewarding.  Thanks to all.  Our
site is so wonderful.  Charlene