[IP] Re: adoption physicals

In 1985 we adopted a baby, here in Ky.  The only thing, at that time, was a
question for the dr about me being able to care for the baby with my diabetes..
In the year 2001 we adopted a sibling group--ages 4 to 16--in Florida.  No
questions were asked but the social workers knew of my diabetes.  Yes, the
 physical form had that I was a diabetic and that i even had some complications.
the fact that we were adopting a sibling group of 4 and 2 of them were
teenagers the health facts were not a problem!
Oh, we did have to fill out paperwork to foster the children we were adopting
through the agency we worked for.  They hired me as a diabetic but were
sticklers about my diabetes when it came to the foster care--which lasted 1
 month--before the adoptions were finalized through the state. The agency we did
foster care through was a Chrisian organization
Good luck on your adoption process!!!!!

Debbie and Maggie IP
dx 3.63 at 8
pumping 3/00