[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #336--DRIVERS LICENCE IN N.Y.

I ALSO LIVE IN NEW YORK.I HAVE NEVER LISTED ON MY LICENSE THAT I AM A
 DIABETIC. I DO NOT WANT TO BE RESTRICTED,SUCH AS REQUIRING YOU TO ONLY DRIVE
WITH
 SOMEONE ELSE IN THE CAR OR OTHER RESTRICTIONS. IF YOU CHECK YOUR GLUCOSE LEVELS
BEFOR YOU DRIVE AND KEEP SOMETHING WITH YOU (CANDY) IN CASE YOU FEEL A LOW
COMING ON, YOU SHOULD BE O.K.I AM 56.5 YEARS OLD AND NEVER LISTED IT. WEAR A
BRACLET OR MEDALION SO THAT IF YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM SOME ONE WILL KNOW.I WAS
ONCE STOPPED BY A POLICE OFFICER WHEN MY PUMP MALFUNCTIONED AND THEY THOUGHT I
WAS DRUNK UNTIL THEY CALLED MY WIFE AND SHE EXPLAINED. THERE WERE NO FURTHER
 PROBLEMS. I GUESS THE ANSWER REALLY IS DO WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH, AND
BE
CAREFUL .  email @ redacted