[IP] Enbrel

Enbrel is a drug that supresses the immune system to a great extent.  My
endo and other docs have discussed this drug as I have RA.  Because of the
potential hazards, they have not recommended it for me or anyone with
diabetes.  If you get an infection, even a bladder infection, you often end
up in the hospital.  Your body's immune system is severely compromised by
this drug.  I would be very careful and bring this issue up with your endo.
My Rheumatologist always pushes for me to try it.  I listen to my endo.  He
knows more about diabetes.