Re: [IP] re: high temperture on humalog

Jim -

 Joshua weighs all of 37 lbs. His insulin needs are 10u each day, if that. I
throw away a vial 80% full each month & it just kills me to do so. I have asked
if there is some way to get a smaller vial, use a pen cartridge, etc. so that we
don't have to throw away insulin. It's not a matter of cost because my insurance
+ MassHealth means we don't pay any co-pay or deductible. The answer is always
no. The waste is ridiculous, but I won't suffer my kid's health when the endo
says "throw it away after 30 days".

What's the answer?

BTW, he's now on NovoLog pumping.

Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21