From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Shelley
Valentine
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:08 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Another Cool "Toy"

 <<TheraSense Unveils the FreeStyle Flash System Which Includes the World's
Smallest Glucose Meter
Sleek, Three-Inch-Long Meter Designed for Frequent-Testing Kids and Adults

 ALAMEDA, Calif., June 13, 2003 -- TheraSense, Inc. (Nasdaq: THER), a leader
in
glucose monitoring and maker of the popular, virtually painless FreeStyle(R)
system, today unveiled the FreeStyle Flash(TM) system which includes the
world's
smallest glucose meter. The FreeStyle Flash meter will be a sleek,
feature-packed meter designed for children and adults with diabetes,
especially
frequent testers. It incorporates all the popular attributes of the
FreeStyle
system, including the world's smallest sample size of only 0.3 microliters.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030613/SFF025 )

 Along with the handier size, the FreeStyle Flash meter is designed to have
other new features including a faster test time of about 7 seconds, plus a
backlit panel display and lighted test strip port for easy testing at night
or
in dark conditions. Another FreeStyle Flash meter innovation is its four
customizable daily alarms, which can be set to remind children and adults
alike
that it's time to test. The American Diabetes Association recommends testing
four times a day. It will be the first system to offer a free data cable
that
allows downloading of test data to FreeStyle's personal computer and
internet-based data management systems.

 "The compact design and lighting options will enable people with diabetes
test more discreetly and conveniently, such as in movies or at evening
events.
Coupled with the FreeStyle system's virtually painless testing technology
that
is accurate on both finger and alternate sites, parents and caregivers can
test
sleeping children more easily than before," said Mark Lortz, president and
CEO
of TheraSense. "With the alarms, parents can send children to school knowing
that they will be reminded when it's time to test their glucose. We think
people
who test frequently will really appreciate the FreeStyle Flash system."

 The FreeStyle Flash system is being debuted this weekend at the American
Diabetes Association annual convention in New Orleans June 13-16 (TheraSense
booth #345), and is expected to be commercially available in the United
States
in the fourth quarter of this year.

 "The FreeStyle Flash system is another addition to the FreeStyle products
family, which includes the original FreeStyle system; FreeStyle Tracker(TM)
system, the first glucose system incorporated into a personal digital
assistant
(PDA); and FreeStyle CoPilot(TM) system, a software-based diabetes
management
and information tool," said Lortz. Other products and innovations are in
development, he said, in keeping with TheraSense's commitment to using
technology and research to improve the lives of people with diabetes.

The FreeStyle Flash system is not currently for sale in the United States.>>

 A backlight! I would love a backlight! Oh, & Therasense currently charges
$60
for the cable. This meter comes with the cable. I'd like to be able to
upload
the data but haven't forked over the $$ for the cable yet (waiting for the
CozMore 'cause I already have the IR for the Cozmo).

Shelley

--
Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21
western Massachusetts