Re: [IP] MiniMed CGMS question

Brian -

This is what you wanted/expected:

 <<TheraSense has under development a continuous glucose monitoring device
designed to continuously monitor glucose levels, provide alarms at predetermined
glucose values and store these results for future analysis by the user or a

 Our FreeStyle Navigator Continuous Glucose Monitor is designed to be minimally
invasive. It will utilize a disposable, miniaturized electrochemical sensor that
can be easily inserted under the skin by the user using a spring-loaded
insertion device.

 The FreeStyle Navigator System is intended to be a substitute for current
glucose self-monitoring devices.

 Our goal is to provide a wireless system. A small low-power transmitter
co-located with the sensor sends data to the handheld meter/information display.
This meter displays glucose levels, trends, monitors alarm thresholds and can be
conveniently carried in a pocket, a purse or left on a nightstand while

 Untethered by wires, the device is designed to accurately and discreetly
measure glucose levels without the recurring pain and hassle of traditional
finger stick testing.

 Our continuous glucose monitor is designed to offer people with diabetes the
following benefits:

Accurate and discreet measurement of glucose levels on a continuous basis

 Elimination of the anxiety of not knowing glucose levels between periodic

Minimally invasive insertion procedure

Comfortable to wear during use

Warnings against dangerously high or low glucose levels, even while sleeping

Have a disposable sensor that lasts for several days

Use a 1-point calibration to provide continuous accurate glucose readings

 Ability to improve health through intensively managed therapy from continuous
glucose information
 We expect that the increased number of glucose readings will allow people with
diabetes and their healthcare providers to more effectively adjust insulin, oral
medication, diet and exercise.

 For more information on the FreeStyle Navigator, please visit our Continuous
Glucose Monitor FAQs.>>

Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21
western Massachusetts