RE: [IP] novalog

Its ironic for your question because I was reading something on that exact
subject yesterday.  The link to that discussion is below:

The long and short is that YMMV, but it might be worth trying Novolog given
your situation.

Here is a summary, which came from a discussion on June 3, 2003 with Gary
Scheiner MS, CDE on diabetesstation.com

HEIDYN - David, I'm a type 1 with insulin resistance (out of the blue), more
then doubled my doses ... is it possible to become resistant to just one type
of insulin over time?  ... I've had diabetes about 5 years + it beats me why
I'm suddenly resistant - I'm not sick, gained weight, just stressed (which my
endo thinks is more then enough cause)

GARY SCHEINER, CDE - Heidyn, I've seen a few cases where people switched from
Humalog to Novolog and saw dramatic improvements in their control.  Novolog is
a buffered insulin, so it is less likely to spoil or cause skin
irritation/absorption problems. The pharmacodynamics of the two insulins are
the same, but the solutions they are mixed in are different.

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on this at some point, so please
let me know!!

Dx'd Type 1 9/1976 at age 7, pumping with Animas R1000 since 6/2003 at age 33