RE: Re: [IP] Re: insulin price shock

>I know all about the role of state and federal governments, but it seems a
bit
inconsistent to allow the U.S. to operate under a patchwork of different
state
laws as to whether insulin and syringes require a prescription or not, yet
having only federal (FDA) approvals for whether drugs can actually be sold
in
the U.S.  It would seem logical that there would be only 1 set of federal
laws
regarding whether something is sold by prescription as well.  They are not
revenue generators the way tobacco and alcohol is.  Does anyone else agree?
Disagree?

Regards,
Scott
Dx'd Type 1 9/1976 at age 7, pumping with Animas R1000 since 6/2003 at age
33

I basically agree with your take on the matter and I personally consider
Humalog and Novalog safer than Regular as they are more consistent in their
action and, as you said, more mimic the insulin release of a pancreas that
is working. I was so glad to get off that Regular and use the Humalog....so
many less unexpected highs and lows. As for government
regulations....typical that common sense is forgotten.

Margo