RE: Re: [IP] Re: insulin price shock

>I know all about the role of state and federal governments, but it seems a
inconsistent to allow the U.S. to operate under a patchwork of different
laws as to whether insulin and syringes require a prescription or not, yet
having only federal (FDA) approvals for whether drugs can actually be sold
the U.S.  It would seem logical that there would be only 1 set of federal
regarding whether something is sold by prescription as well.  They are not
revenue generators the way tobacco and alcohol is.  Does anyone else agree?

Dx'd Type 1 9/1976 at age 7, pumping with Animas R1000 since 6/2003 at age

I basically agree with your take on the matter and I personally consider
Humalog and Novalog safer than Regular as they are more consistent in their
action and, as you said, more mimic the insulin release of a pancreas that
is working. I was so glad to get off that Regular and use the Humalog....so
many less unexpected highs and lows. As for government
regulations....typical that common sense is forgotten.