> I really really REALLY wanted to be able
> to push a button and have it tell me my BG level (after I had calibrated
> once or twice, should've been able to do this!).

Well, after a few generations and upgrades one probably will. This is one of
the first on the market and improvements come after that.

> Seemed like a lot of
> inconvenience wearing that big 'ol bulky thing and have to delay
> gratification for THREE days (in other words, no benefits until it's all
> done), ugh.

Yep - and I wore a VERY BULKY insulin pump (size of a checkbook box) that
was very simple - but it was a start. See it on my pictureTrail. This is the
pioneer stage for the CGMS. <s> Even the glucowatch has a 20-minute lag time
so is not an immediate reading.

<snip> but unlike the pump, you can just look
> and see "oh yah, I already bolused").

And that first CPI/Lilly 9100 pump I had you could not see you just
bolused - or even when; no visible clock. ONE basal rate, etc., but it
delivered insulin, oh, yeah, whole units only and it took over an hour to
deliver the one unit for the one basal rate of 21 in 24 hours. Even the
first cars didn't have turn signals. ;-)

Old age is when former classmates are so gray, and wrinkled, and blind they
don't recognize you