Re: [IP] re: high temperture on humalog

Kim Watters <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  I was told that the insulin would only last 30 days after it was opened.
> Am I wrong?

It depends on whether or not you refrigerate it or how hot you keep your
house or wherever you store your insulin.  It's the temperature that slowly
denatures the insulin molecule, not sticking a needle or air into the
bottle.  Even then, the time is more CYA for the manufacturer.  In reality,
twice that long will probably see only slight reduction in effect.

Jim Handsfield