[IP] Drivers License

My renewal date for my license was November 9, 2002.  It took me nearly
three months - till February - to finally get my new license.  I had
developed diabetes after I received the original license.  I had to have
a form filled out by my doc, sent to the state, which they subsequently
lost, had to refaxed the form, call 3x a week, and finally, finally, got
the "renewed" license in February.

At least in this state, New Mexico, they have a panel of 3 adjudicators
who decide if you can drive or not.  And they have one person handling
all these medical forms that go with the license or renewal application.
 And they tell you it can take 4-6 weeks.  The only reason I got my
renewal when I did was because I was calling all the time.

Mind you, we have the highest rate of drunken driving related deaths,
and this is how they've decided to spend their resources.