Re: [IP] Driver's License:

Yes, I remember that question on the license and I honestly answered it as
"no". No part of my "condition" had ever impaired my driving. But here in
New Mexico they ask you point blank "do you have diabetes"
Anyway I've been looking some stuff up on the web and I found a place that
mentioned that several studies have been done:

"Some experts fear that the study findings will be used against people with
diabetes, unnecessarily limiting their privilege to drive, especially in
light of numerous other studies in which actual driving records of people
with diabetes have not been found to be different from the general
population. The research also did not address other groups known to
actually have bad driving records, such as cell phone users and drunks. "
(From http://www.diabetesnet.com/news/news021300.php#Drivers)

I suspected this was the case and there's just some diabetes-phobia going
on in the government. In which case it is pure discrimination.