[IP] correcting high BS with a syringe

Correct any High Blood Sugars with insulin in a SHOT from a syringe when you
are USING the Pump.

Sharon wrote:
I attended a refresher course on pump therapy and our diabetes educator
stressed this point big time because pumpers tend to put "too much trust" in
the pump to bring the BS down with a correction bolus. Now I make sure I bring
a syringe and a vial of insulin no matter where I go. I made the mistake of
correction - resulting in a little bit lower blood sugar - correction
resulting in a little change again to find out later, my cannula looked
terrible when I pulled it out many hours later. That was not a good idea and
could have been dangerous! Hindsight is 20/20 but now I know to be prepared
when leaving home! Sharon B