[IP] 50 Yeard Ago Hate Diabetes

In the fall of 1953 I was diagnosed with diabetes and put in the hospital.  I
was placed in a men's ward with 6-8 beds.
In the bed next to mine there was diabetic man that was having some health
problems. We were able to speak to each other from bed to bed.
  He explained to me" I hate this d-- shots so much, I throw my syringes up
against the wall and smash them"
 I think he had missed a few doses of his insulin.
  Charles Soder.... T1, 10/53 at age 19