[IP] driver's license in New Mexico

I'm so frustrated. I've just moved to New Mexico and found that I have to
have a doctor's note in order to obtain a drivers license. I've never had
an auto accident, and I've never become unconscious from using insulin. So
far I have no complications but it's just really annoying to know that I
have to have a doctor  determine if I'm safe on the road or not.

I don't even mind complying with what the state wants, but it's knowing
that it will be on my record for the rest of my life and (I'm only 45) and
that people who have no knowledge of what diabetes is could have power over
my ability to drive.

Does anyone else in New Mexico have experience with this? My stomach is in
a huge knot just waiting for my previous doctor to fax the medical form.