Re: [IP] Type 1 Mothers of Type 2 Children

>Lancet article looked at the effect of a diabetic environment in utero
>predisposition to type 2 diabetes, but it was not large enough to be
>applicable to the population as a whole, so I would tend to dismiss \
>this type
>of hysteria, along with the other tiny studies that have suggested
>that women
>who eat peanuts or enjoy moderate alcohol consumption are less likely
>to develop Type 2.

I know little of the peanut study, but the mild to moderate alcohol
study is not exactly "tiny".  It involved over 109,000 women between 25-
45 over the course of 10 years.  This study also re-inforced what
several smaller studies have shown.

The people who did the study are quick to point out that for those who
don't drink, it isn't a reason to start.  There are far better ways to
reduce risk of Type-2 than starting drinking.  Also, the study showed
that excessive drinking INCREASED likelihood of Type-2 diabetes.  They
were looking at those who drank < 2 drinks a day.

FYI.  (I, personally, don't care since I don't touch the stuff, except
in my Listerine!  ;-)