Re: [IP] worst day ever...

Anja, I'm sorry about your bent canulas and high BG's, ick!  Just fyi, I had
problems with canulas bending back when I used the longer canulas.  I'm thin
and switched to micros like 3 years ago (shortly after they first came out),
and haven't had a bent canula since! :) oops, knock on wood.  Also, which
pump do you use?  Your pump should've beeped with an occlusion error.  When
I experienced them a few years ago, usually I would notice the high BG
before the error, but it would eventually error.. usually when I was trying
to bolus in response to the high BG.  If your pump says it's pumping 8
units, but you can tell you didn't get it beause your BG is otherwise
unexplainably high AND you find a bent canula when you pull it out, then the
pump should detect the occlusion, so I would recommend calling your pump
company.  Good luck, and congratulaitons on doing so well on your exam
ciao, Brian

age 26, diagnosed age 6, pumping 4 years, blue Minimed 508 named Skylar