[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #328

In a message dated 6/9/2003 9:19:04 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> thought diabetics can't be in the military, am I mistaken??

I was in the Air Force as a diabetic.  What happens after diagnosis is that
 you meet a medical board. Then depending on your length of service, job you do
, and how well you are in control. and recommendations from supervisors the
board determines if you can continue on active duty or need to be retired.  At
least this was how it was in the late 1970s