Re: [IP] Cozmo Software

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Hillier" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 11:41 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] Cozmo Software

> I wish I could figure this out with the .net.  The infrared sensor
> installed just fine.  But I get this problem with loading the software
> on both my HP Presario and my Compaq Deskpro EN.  I really don't know
> whey it should need the net infrastructure loaded.  Any help will be
> appreciated.  I am going to try to load it on my laptop tonight with
> Windows ME, and see if it will load there.  Any suggestions will be
> appreciated.
> BOb
> Bob Hillier [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > I have not been able to get the software to run on my computer with
> > windows XP.  It is probably a problem with my setup.
> .Net should be an option when you run Windows Update.  But it's not
> something you want to do if your connection is a dial-up (It's around
> 20
> Mbytes).
> But I'm surprised that individual Cozmo users would need .Net - IIRC
> it's
> generally used for sharing and communicating, etc.  Does Cozmo
> automatically
> receive input when you run the software?
> Jim Handsfield
> email @ redacted

Net is needed because the software through a USB/IR interface communicates
with the pump bi-directionally. Main use of the software is to set and
change the pump settings, and to record same.

What error message do you get when you try to install My Treatment
Try installing in "safe mode" where device drivers are not loaded. Also did
you install the interface driver, then connect the USB and then again let
the computer search for the right driver?
That step is different for XP as opposed to all other windows setups.
You might try to uninstall all instances of the interface which is listed in
control panel, wireless link, then install MTA and then reinstall interface.

Good luck,