Re:[IP] pumping on my own

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:24:25 -0400, Paul wrote:
 >I recieved my minimed 508 on friday. I watched the video tape and read
 >book from cover to cover that came with it. I called my endo to
scheduele an
 >appt. I decided that since I work on much more complicated programing
 >than this pump, I would give it a go. I started pumping on saturday, no
 >problems yet, I even estimated my own basal and bolus rates and have
 >good control so far. Is this possible after only 1 day of pumping?

It's definitely possible, but not guaranteed! You sound like have some
good experience, and altho you don't mention it, I suspect that you
already have "Pumping Insulin" 3rd edition, by John Walsh and Ruth
Roberts (if not, you should order it through the link to Amazon on the
IP web site, where IP gets a cut from Amazon).

It sounds like you probably have most of the answers. If you run into
something that stumps you, try the MiniMed 24-hour hotline, or try
posting your question on the IP list.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000