My experiences YMMV
Humalog
Advantages
1) faster response time
2) not as much tail
3) highBS respond better to Humalog
Disadvantages
1) itchy sites
2) 3day max for sites or quick deterioration of site
resulting in high BS
Novolog
Advantages
1)Sites last longer than 3 days, never pushed it past
5days but site does not deteriorate.
2)No itchy sites
Disadvantages
1) Slow reponses time. I inject 1/2 to 1 hour before
eating, especially noticeable in morning.
2) High <250 slow response time, takes forever to get
a high down
3) a longer tail up to 5 hours.
Just some of my observations. meg