Re:[IP] Magazines

I'd like to add that Diabetes Interview seems to pay careful attention
to getting things correct. In the case of their article about me in the
June issue, Daniel Trecroci contacted me by email in mid January. He
sent me some questions, to which I replied along with a copy of
"Recollections of Diabetes for 60 Years". He sent me a draft of the
article, asking me to check it for factual accuracy, and I sent him
several detailed corrections. Then I got an email from Katerina
Venetis, their Production & Art Coordinator, kind of pleading for some
old pictures. Apparently they were unable to use any of the pics from
the 1/11/03 party because the resolution had been compromised by
scanning, etc. So I sent her some pictures, including all three that
appeared in the article.

The only incorrect thing in the whole article was the caption on what I
call "The Pussy Willow Picture". The caption was "Beatson and his
sister Beverly in 1941". I had indicated when I sent the picture that
it was 1940. If that was 1941, then my sister had to be 5 years old,
and I think she looks more like 3 or 4. Also there was a pencil
notation on the back of the original in what I recognize as my father's
handwriting "1940?". All the pictures I sent to Katerina were returned
very promptly.

That was the only problem I've found, and it really is a trivial
problem. They got all the important stuff correct. I still subscribe to
Forecast, but it's not as good as Interview.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000