[IP] Re: Insulin and Temperature

<At what rate and to what level does insulin degrade when exposed to
elevated temperatures? This question occurred to me this morning when I got
out of bed. Me and my pump were under the covers last night and when I got
up and grabbed my pump it was very warm to the touch. This heat definitely
came from being under the covers with me as opposed to a pump malfunction.>

I have only anecdotal information and not published data.  I met a veteran
pumper at a support group once who said he had much better luck with Novolog
than Humalog.  In his experience, Humalog started breaking down in a day or
two from the heat of just sleeping with his pump under the covers.  My pump
trainer also says Novolog holds up better in the heat in general.  I've been
using Novolog since I started pumping last year, so I can't compare it to
Humalog, but I wear my pump in my pocket or bra most of the time, so it's
always subjected to my body heat, and I have no problems with control.  I
change my site and insulin every 3 days.

dx'd 3/02, pumping clear Paradigm 8/02