Re: [IP] Re: Both Type 1 & 2

Ginny,
 Do you use alot of insulin,type 2 is primarily
insulin resistance.(which can include high blood
pressure,high cholesteral + normally overweight)and
alot of them that are on insulin require a heck of a
lot of insulin(and drugs to sensitize them to that
insulin).So depending on all these factors,you may
have type 2 as well.I don't think there is just one
blood test that can diagnose type 2,but requiring lots
of insulin would probably be the best indicator.I've
got issues with this as well,I went resistant 4 weeks
ago and am up to 60 U(normal TDD-25)am waiting on
chol.lab test results but I don't know much about
"double diabetes"either.
 Heidi(still on shots,but finally getting excellent
blood sugars and definatly going to go back to the
pump!)