[IP] Pump at the beach?

I am a fairly new pumper--this is my first summer--so I thought I would
write to ask everyone's advice on going to the beach.  I have a couple of
concerns . . . one is losing the pump in the ocean (ok, so maybe I'm
paranoid), another is leaving it (with the prospect of it getting
stolen).  Is there any way to secure it so that you can wear it with
confidence (the pump itself, a paradigm, is waterproof).  I also thought
about just leaving it at the hotel and taking a couple of syringes with me
along with my glucose tester.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.