Re: [IP] Insulin and Temperature

   Funny you should mention that.  I was looking for the same info.  The
only temperature-related info I could find was in  the Novolog/NovoRapid
physician's insert:

"To avoid insulin degradation, infusion set occlusion, and loss of the
preservative (cresol),
the infusion sets (reservoir syringe, tubing, and catheter) and the
NovoLog in the
reservoir should be replaced, and a new infusion site selected every 48
hours or less.
Insulin exposed to temperatures higher than 37deg C (98.6 deg F) should
be discarded. The
temperature of the insulin may exceed ambient temperature when the pump
housing, cover,
tubing, or sport case is exposed to sunlight or radiant heat."

I couldn't find any similar information on Humalog.

dx 10/1990, pumping with the D-Tron+ since March 2003