[IP] frozen...

I'm currently suffering through my first bout with
frozen shoulder/adhensive capsulitis, and it is making
me pretty miserable. Of all of the D-related problems
I've had, this has been (so far) the worst.

While physical therapy has been working well to
restore movement, what I can't handle is the PAIN.
I've been taking an anti-inflammatory, Bextra, which
is both expensive ($35 co-pay!) and, thus far,
useless.

I haven't slept through the night for more than a
month, so I'm getting a little desperate. Two
questions:

1) Any tips on what I can do for the pain? I've tried
every over-the-counter (Excedrin, Alleve, Advil) out
there with no success.

2) I'm terrified that I'm going to get it in the other
shoulder. Are there any preventative measures that I
can take?

Thanks,

Lauren