RE: [IP] Re: Large meals and delayed digestion

Thanks Shelley. :) The only parts of the page relevant to the
conversation are below. It should be more self-explanatory now
but let me know if you need something explained (I'll do my
best.) Btw, my apologies to all, I don't know what happened to my
original email but it wasn't supposed to have all that extra garb
in it that it had when it appeared on the IP list (I couldn't see
that when I wrote the email...weird.)

page 2 section 5, re: CCK (cholecystokinin) being released in the
small intestine
e. CCK is secreted by the Endocrine cells of the small intestine
Phenylalanine), lipids and fatty acids
i. CCK contracts the gall bladder & stimulates the release of
pancreatic enzymes, and stimulates the release of glucagon
ii. CCK enhances the action of secretin in stimulating
bicarbonate release from the pancreas and it delays gastric
iii. CCK is one of the hormones which initiates Satiety (full
feeling during eating). Insulin and Leptin increase the sensation
of feeling full.

page 5, section III D - actions of the small intestines during
2. Secretion of pancreatic enzymes and HCO3-, bile (Liver), mucus
(goblet cells), Hormones: CCK, Secretin, GIP, Somatostatin, and
other hormones (Insulin and Glucagon)

Take care, Kerri, mom to Shannon-12.5, dx 11/96, pumping 11/99,
and 7 other blessings :)