[IP] refurbished pump

I was camping with my family in May when I received a low battery message,
then a bolus stopped message then an "error call the hot-line" message on my
paradigm.  These messages all appeared within approximately 1 to 2 minutes
of each other.  Following the last message all info was dumped from my pump.
I replaced the battery and reprogrammed the basals, date etc.  When I called
the hot-line I was informed my pump (4 months old) required servicing and I
would get a refurbished pump as a replacement.  I was not comfortable with
this.  I felt that my pump should be repaired and returned.  Kind of like
when the check engine light on your car comes on - you take it to the
dealer, get a courtesy car, get your car back when the repairs are complete.
Have others had experiences like this?  Did you get your pump back?  Myles