Re: [IP] RE: I caved

Has anyone successfully tested a basal with a 14 year old athlete? Jenny
disconnects during field hockey, soccer, and track (having bolused ahead
for missed basal). Then she comes home starving and eats pretty much non
-stop until bedtime. It's usually healthy snacks and she boluses, but
trying to get  her to not eat for several hours is impossible. I have
high hopes for summer when her routine is a little less busy. Her bg's
aren't bad, but  they vary a lot from day to day and I can't get a
decent basal check in.

On the other hand, she is a wonderful happy, normal, active high school
freshman. Her site fell out during field hockey practice today and she
entertained the whole team by inserting her site while sitting in the
middle of the field. I am so proud of her. But I would sure like to
fine-tune those basals. Oh well.