[IP] Re: hurting fingers

Oddly, I have found the opposite to be true.  When I change to a new
lancet, it is sharper, and therefore requires that I go deeper to get
any blood.  This actually makes it hurt WORSE, in my experience.
(Obviously, YMMV!)  Usually, after my lancet is about 2-3 days old do
am I able to, again, reduce the depth and get enough blood.  Despite
being "duller", it hurts less. I usually only change a lancet after a
MIMIMUM of 30 days or more.

Now, if I were comparing a new lancet at the same depth as a dull
one...then, yes, the new one hurts less...but I just can't enough blood
then.  :-)

>Changing lancets is also a good way to lessen the "ouch factor".
>- -Brent

I have found that testing in the same spot sort of develops a very
slight callous.  You're right that it doesn't hurt as much..but what it
DOES cause is that you have to go deeper to get any blood.  Going
deeper invariably means it hurts again, so there is no benefit to
purposely "callousing" your fingers.