Re: [IP] adkins diet

> some were on the Adkins diet....
> did it make you spill ketones and if it did what did you do about it???

 People (and even some doctors) often confuse ketosis, which is a perfectly
normal metabolic process, with ketoacidosis, which is a life-threatening
condition.
 Ketosis is really a shortening of the term lipolysis/ketosis. This happens when
your body is converting fat into fuel.

 If my bg is ok, and I am showing ketones, I don't worry. I know it is not
ketoacidosis.

I just drink a lot of water.

Susan