RE: [IP] hurting fingers

I always rotate fingers regularly (never use the same finger again until I
have to, I still have 10 to choose from and test 6-8 times per day on average),
use most of the area above the last knuckle, and set the lancet device depth
as low as I can get away with and still get blood.

After 20 years of doing this, I still don't have testing caused callouses on
my fingers and it doesn't hurt (my definition of hurt may be a bit loose, but
hurt has to make me say ouch).

Changing lancets is also a good way to lessen the "ouch factor".