Re: [IP] yikes :-(

> At 06:15 PM 6/29/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> >At 06:07 PM 6/29/2002, you wrote:
> >>Cynthia,
> >>Pricey or not, COBRA is a bargain.  Most likely any new job with benefits
> >>will consider your DM a pre existing condition.
> >

> >FYI..  no insurance can denie coverage for a "pre-existing" condition.  ;-)
> As long as you have continuous coverage.  I think but not certain
> you can go 1 or 2 days without.  Once you without Medical Insurance
> then preexisting applies.

You must have continuous coverage to qualify for new coverage without
a pre-exist waiting period. At $300 / month, the cobra is well worth
the investment. Otherwise you may have to wait 6 - 12 months for
coverage to kick in for any diabetes related expenses.

Heck, 6 strips a day @60 cents a strip is $108 bucks, sets and
syringes is another $140 or so, insulin at 60 bucks a bottle is at
least $120   --- plus all doc visits are at their full price instead
of the insurance negotiated rate. Diabetes expenses above are
already more than the premium. Your actual premium cost is really
just the deductible and copay amounts for the year. It's a bargin.