[IP] exercise and hypos and hypers

i have been on the pump since october and having big problems with exercise.
i like to do one and a half hours in the gym in the afternoon (4 o clock to
6 o clock). I do a 45 minute run then cycle,rowing etc.I turn my basal down
from 0.9 to 0.4 about one and a half hours before the exercise and i have a
20 carb snack prior to exercise.i take my pump off for 1 hour 9whilst
running). however, before the end of the run i normally go into a hypo and
have to stop exercise. if i reduce basal earlier then i go too high before
exercise and feel sick. sometimes i dont go low and can keep exercising.then
one hour after exercise ,my blood sugar rises from 5-14 and stays high for
about 4 hours. i done know what to do. i usually end up giving maybe a bolus
of 2 and increasing basal to 1.2.then about 6 hours post exerccise i have to
reduce basal again to 0.7 to staop going hypo although i oftern do wake up
the next morning with a hypo which then sends me into a high for another
couple of hours.i reaaly am stuck for ideas and my nurse or consultant say
to just do lots of blood tests. is it the hypo that sends me high or my body
kicking out sugar post exercise and what can i do.any ideas gratefully
received.also when i have a lo i sometimes disconnect for 30 minutes and
then go high after, should i keep the pump on? amanda