[IP] Re: actos type 1

i read "do not take actos for type 1 or diabetic ketoacidosis".  i am type 1
and have scores that get to 300-400.  i take 45mg of actos daily and i'm sure
it is responsible for a reduction in insulin use of over 50 units per day.
i'm not having any hypo reactions.  is that the main reason for not wanting
insulin users to take actos?  i've seen 2 diff endos and they were the ones
that started me on it and increased the dosage to 45mg.  why did they make
that statement.  am i at greater risk for liver problems?  i know they
checked my liver before starting it but that was 6 months ago and they
haven't check it since.  i am having a bit of a coughing problem and i am
taking 40mg of accupril daily also.   i understand that coughing is a side
effect of accupril also.  any help??