[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #427

At 11:21 PM 6/29/02, you wrote:
>FYI..  no insurance can denie coverage for a "pre-existing" condition.  ;-)
>Brian Carter
>ICQ # 27217438
>www.DiabetesBytes.com  *New*

I believe that's not entirely true.  In Michigan, when my daughter finally
got coverage through work, she had to fill out paperwork and have a letter
from her prior insurance stating whether she had a lapse in coverage or
not.  From what I understand from her new insurance paperwork is that if
there was a lapse in coverage, there could be a period of time where the
new insurance would not cover the pre-existing condition after which they
would then cover it.