Re: [IP] like :-(

At 07:19 PM 6/29/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>>>FYI..  no insurance can denie coverage for a "pre-existing" condition.  ;-)
>>As long as you have continuous coverage.  I think but not certain you can
>>go 1 or 2 days without.  Once you without Medical Insurance then
>>preexisting applies.
>>send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml
>Are you sure Fran??
>Clinton passed the federal law where you your pre-existing conditions must
>be covered.

I am 100% certain.  You need to read the fine print.  If you have any lapse
and again I believe there is a 1 or 2 day lapse, you will then have
preexisting applied to you.  I don't know how many employers you've had
since the law was imputed.  I had several, a Fran thing, every company I
went to went bankrupt.   Anyway, with each company when I left they would
send the COBRA info along with a letter proving that I have had
insurance.  Your employer must provide this.

>  I was dancing with joy when that was passed since it was the worry I had
> about going out on my own.  Then again depending on the situation your
> cost may go up some

I think if you try to apply for medical insurance on your own, you can get
it but you will be out the kazoo.