Re: [IP] yikes :-(

> Well everyone, after hearing some of the sad tales
> about those of you without insurance and feeling
> pretty blessed at my great coverage...guess what?  I
> got laid off on Thurs!  So much for the tech industry,
> huh?  Anyway, my coverage ends tomorrow and I have
> about 3 months worth of pump supplies and maybe a
> month of insulin and 2 months of strips.  I have the
> option of going Cobra, but that is pretty pricey at
> about $300/mo.  Let's hope that a job with benefits
> happens soon.  Can someone please pass on the web site
> of the group that can help those of us without
> insurance?  I forgot what it was called, but I know
> that you guys actually posted several options and I
> would appreciate getting those again.  Thanks so
> much...I will keep you all posted on how it goes.
> Blessings,  Cynthia

You might want to consider if there is some way you can continue the COBRA
coverage for a little while until you see how long it takes to get placed.
Once you let it drop you can not get it back and if that happens many
insurance plans will then consider DM a previously existing condition and
not cover it for a rather long initial period (12? 18? months).