Re: [IP] Free Meters

 On 6/29/02 2:07 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I got our backup Ultra the same way from the CDE....she thought it a good
> idea as we were starting pumping...
> Beverly
> -*******---*******
> Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97, pumping, and Nick, who is now ten!

I got my first Freestyle from my Endo.  He had a box full of them, but they
were all gone on my next visit, so I never got a back-up.  When I switched
to the Ultra I sent in an old meter and got a rebate.  That with the other
Rebate cut my cost down to about $2.47 in tax.  To get a back up I called
LifeScan and told them I had a bad habit of leaving my meter at home and I
really needed another one at work to be able to use those 300 strips a
month.  It showed up later that week.  Then when I was at a TCOYD meeting I
had forgotten my lancet, so the LifeScan rep there gave my my third Ultra.
Yes, the meters are real cheap as long as you are buying their strips.   :>)