[IP] Re: Generic Insulin

In a message dated 6/29/02 3:39:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I recently received a letter from the Eli Lilly company stating it was not
 > safe to switch from their brand of insulin to generic insulin like ReliOn
 > Walmart - I think. I know that ReliOn doesn't make the generic equivalent
 > Humalog that I use in my pump but it would be nice if they would. I know it
 > takes ?twenty years? to get generics. >>

OI believe that ReliOn insulin is Novo. So it really isn't "generic," is it?
:-) I think it's just Lilly trying to scare people. I suspect that Lilly is
in trouble re: its insulin products. Lantus is taking over for UL and NPH and
NovoLog is hitting on Humalog pretty hard.

Jan and Elvis