Re: [IP] Glucowatch

> I just ordered the glucowatch and it should arrive early next week.
>
> Can a few people who have been using it tell me a couple things in their
> opinion:
>
> 1.  Is it very irritating to your skin and is there on area on your arm
> better than others?

Yes it is irrataing. Sometimes I can fell a stinging sensation while it is
in the collection mode and after removal there are 2 red spots that usually
itch and bother me for a couple of days.

I ususally wear it about halfway between my wrist and my elbow on the top
side of my forearm. It is big enough that if i wear it like a watch it
interferes with my wrist motion. Furthermore, I have a problem with skipping
a lot of readings due to prespiration and the manual suggest that higher on
the forearm is better for this issue. I also beleive (but have not proven)
that I have less of a problem with skipped reading on the top rather than
the bottom of the forearm.

> 2. How good is it really?

Pretty good. I'm satisfied. Though it is a bit aggravating in terms of the
warm up period, calibration while the BG is changing, scatter of the data
and its tendency to give you no data if conditions are not perfect.

> 3.  Are you happy with it..is it better than taking finger pricks every 2
> hours?

Yes