[IP] Generic insulin

I recently received a letter from the Eli Lilly company stating it was not
safe to switch from their brand of insulin to generic insulin like ReliOn from
Walmart - I think. I know that ReliOn doesn't make the generic equivalent of
Humalog that I use in my pump but it would be nice if they would. I know it
takes ?twenty years? to get generics.

Are they writing this notice to scare people away from using generics or is it
true that generics are not safe? I think if Eli Lilly wanted to keep people
buying their meds, they need to keep their prices Down! Sharon B.