[IP] Re: Daily Usage and High Insulin

I was considered a very high user of insulin before going on the pump a month
ago.  I was using 70 units of Lantus a day and anywhere from 15-60 units of

Since being on the pump, and specifically going to Novalog after a rocky
start with Humalog, my total usage is down by almost 40 percent.  I now
average a total of 63 units a day on Novalog, but was averaging 80 units a
day while on the pump with Humalog. Not saying that Novalog is the magic
potion for all of us who use a lot of insulin, but for me, it is-

Bryon Veal
age 39 diagnosed 3/76