[IP] Novolog

I had trouble with a site going bad earlier tonight.  I had bolused 6.5 units
to correct a high without any luck.  So I gave myself an injection and
changed out the site.  I took that injection at 8:45 pm and my bg didn't
start to come down until 11:15 pm.  At 11:45 I took my bg again and I was on
the rise.  I bolused with the pump and now its another waiting game.  I don't
have any trouble with the Novolog unless I get really high, then I have
trouble getting the Novolog to bring my bg down.  It seems to take so long to
kick in when I'm bringing down a high.  By the time it started to bring down
the high, it ran out of steam.  I'm tired, I don't want to wait another two
and a half hours to see if this is going to work.  Any suggestions?